- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup millet
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 ¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1” pieces
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
Calories (kcal) 400 Fat (g) 19 Saturated Fat (g) 2.5 Cholesterol (mg) 5 Carbohydrates (g) 50 Dietary Fiber (g) 8 Total Sugars (g) 9 Protein (g) 9 Sodium (mg) 520
Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add millet and cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until millet is tender, 25–35 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss carrots with 2 Tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and golden brown, 15–20 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat; cook almonds and cayenne, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Serve millet drizzled with oil and topped with carrots, cilantro, almond mixture.