- 2 pounds mixed root vegetables (such as carrots, celery root, beets, and parsnips), peeled, cut on a diagonal into 2-inch pieces
- 2 sprigs oregano plus 2 tablespoons chopped leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup very coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley plus 2 tablespoons whole leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup reduced-fat (2%) or whole Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 425°. Combine root vegetables, 2 oregano sprigs, and 2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and starting to turn golden brown, 20–25 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large pan, preferably nonstick, set over medium-high heat. Toast, stirring frequently, until breadcrumbs are golden brown and crisp, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in chopped oregano, chopped parsley, and chives. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Drizzle roasted root vegetables with lemon juice and remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, sprinkle with whole parsley leaves and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Divide yogurt among shallow bowls or plates. Arrange root vegetables around and sprinkle breadcrumbs over.
Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2013/01/roasted-root-vegetable-salad-with-herbed-breadcrumbs#ixzz2M4BaEWdt